Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

im confused!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TD's-civic
ARCC Member

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: im confused!!!   Sun 20 Apr 2008, 5:09 pm

ok so i am doing research on what to do for my car as far as pistons rods compression for boost and rather to do a new cranck or not... but im not understanding the figures for compression ratios and so forth i need help in this matter... im finding out that all the D series engine internals can be swapped with minor modifications..... or there is a site that i can get the crank pistons rods and seals ... for a price but like i said i dont no enough about the ratio if i need high or low compression for boost and what combination would work for the most hp for the price... any help would be very useful.. thanx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry
Admin

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Sun 20 Apr 2008, 7:48 pm

Check out this linkIt will give you some ideas on what you will need. Compression is a tricky number to nail down generally you will want to stay below 9.5:1 but there are several factors just based on the type of engine combination you have. The whole purpose of a turbo is to increase cylinder pressure and fuel for increased combustion. Taking the compression to low would be like feeding a fire hose with a garden hose. There is a limited amount of time that the air/pressure has to fill the volume of the cylinder. But it can also be a problem the other way like trying to feed a garden hose with a fire hose. Finding that balance is the tricky part. I would think that there is someone out there that has experience with getting performance out of the type of engine you have. Maybe making some calls to Honda will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jerry-nita.com
TD's-civic
ARCC Member

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Mon 21 Apr 2008, 9:52 am

hey jerry thanx 4 the site I have a lil bit better understanding about the situation ......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry
Admin

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Mon 21 Apr 2008, 4:21 pm

Go to this Honda forum register and post a request for input. Tell them you know all about the K20 (?) engine swap but want to build what you have. From what I have read there are some folks in there that no their stuff.
Back to top Go down
chuck
nOOb
nOOb

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Wed 03 Sep 2008, 8:17 pm

alot of research needs to be put into your cam selection, you can fine tune your compression ratio by looking at static vs dynamic compression. your cam plays a major role in your dynamic compression ratio which will be the truest to what your enigine will actually see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
turbodsm_125
Roadie
Roadie

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Thu 04 Sep 2008, 8:18 pm

At least on eclipses we run 8.5:1 on the 2g which yeilds a lil more power than the wg which runs 7.5:1. To low is bad to high badm keep in mind your stock ratio is for a na car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=840225499
TD's-civic
ARCC Member

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Fri 17 Oct 2008, 10:42 am

Thanx for all the info guys its been very helpful. I found a HP kit through honda and spoke with an enginer about my set up i got a custom cop ratio at 8.0 and went forged poter rods wisco pistons bored 20 over. im leaving stock crack for now but will be upgrading it later. along with doing all my head work. i no that the head and crack are VERY important when it comes to boost so im leaving my psi low till i can come up with the money to finish the engine. lol should still be faster and more reliable then befor lol but agine thanx for all the help and any more will be greatly appretiated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry
Admin

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   Fri 17 Oct 2008, 2:54 pm

Thomas, You need to get that engine out of the shop ASAP! I know your engine is wrapped in a plastic sheet but that ultra fine sandblasting dust is getting everywhere and it will find it's way into your new engine. It won't take much to do damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im confused!!!   

Back to top Go down

im confused!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1