Adrenaline Rush Car Club

Xenia Ohio

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

crankshaft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TD's-civic
ARCC Member

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: crankshaft   Thu 03 Jul 2008, 10:28 am

Hey guys i dono if any 1 can help me iv been searching and have found almost nothing. I need a crankshaft for a 2002 honda civic ex the engine code is d17a2 but any d17/1.7 crank will work... i checked with craige and he couldn't find anything and i checked hidi honda and they quoted me $1000 and iv already got over $3000 in the motor sooo i rely dont have it lol also i can use a used engine and ill just take out the crank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry
Admin

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: crankshaft   Thu 03 Jul 2008, 2:51 pm

You might be better off having your crank repaired. if the crank is not to bad it can be turned down and bearings designed for a re-ground crank can be used. As a very last resort it can be welded and re-ground.

I called my cousin Tim at Automotive Parts and Machine shop (937) 426-5275 located in Beavercreek and he is looking for something for you. He said bring your crank by so he can look at it to see if it can be turned down and re-used. He knows performance applications and won't steer you wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jerry-nita.com

crankshaft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1